Tools and Training
Collaboration with local and international partners has resulted in an overall methodology and various training toolkits that enable entrepreneurs via ideation, incubation and acceleration to investment ready, scalable enterprises. Based on years of expertise and local training experiences, an array of training modules and networks has been built and developed. Tools range from youth leadership training, ideation safaris, women empowerment training, pitching and life skills modules to business skills, investment readiness training, management and access to finance training. Our focus is continuous skills development for entrepreneurs, business support structures, policy-makers and other key players in entrepreneurship ecosystem, aligned with relevant need-based professional development.
Pre-ideation Energy Safaris are used to dive into complex issues.
We call the optimizing of support to Green Entrepreneurs and the overall business structure in a country the “Disrupt!-methodology”. Key elements of this methodology include:
- The Disrupt! connects multiple actors (policy makers, financial institutions, sustainable producers and consumers). During the program, entrepreneurs strengthen their value proposition, develop essential business capacities, improve their investment readiness and gain confidence and skills on how to present their story;
- Different stages in running a business ask for different types of finance. We use a model which starts with (convertible) grants for higher risk early stage enterprises and gradually moves to debt and/or equity as the business model matures and confidence between investors and enterprises grow;
- A blueprint for thorough assessment for scouting, selecting and matching of ‘disruptive’ entrepreneurs with Impact Investors (to be able to provide tailored support) and follow-up is developed;
- Idea Jams and Ideation Safaris to support entrepreneurial youth and create youth leaders;
- A three day masterclass to train and support sustainable enterprises on-the-ground;
- Assistance through online and offline mentoring, knowledge exchange, life skills, business skills support and access to markets and finance;
- Through close collaboration with Hivos Impact Investments, Hivos Triodos Fund and befriended partner networks (i.e Welthungerhilfe, SEED, LifeCo, PUM) we can provide tailored advice and create actual investment opportunities;
- Online platforms are used for follow-up, digital mentoring, developing a community of peers and (peer-to-peer) information exchange. See our Online Peer Exchange Platform.
Disrupt!FOOD! is a three day training event supporting Sustainable Agri-food Entrepreneurs to tweak there business models, become investment ready and pitch on third day in front of investor jury.